Sunday, March 10, 2013

Baby Shower Cake


Today was my lovely friend Brooke's baby shower. She has a baby boy on the way, due in four short weeks! Some of her friends organized a great party. I made the cake (and cupcakes) and the flower arrangements. I made one of my regular cakes - the recipe that's on the back of the Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder container. And I went with minimal fondant for this cake. It's hard work to color fondant (unless you buy it colored), not to mention roll it out, but is totally manageable if you only need a ball of fondant that easily fits in your hand. Cake decorating is not the same without Ryan's help both rolling the fondant and cleaning up! Every single mixing bowl and rubber spatula in my kitchen is currently covered in frosting. Sigh.

It was also a beautiful spring day today and light was great for taking photos. I'll post a few more tomorrow after I get a chance to edit them.


No comments:

Post a Comment