Saturday, February 8, 2014

Seattle Sun


I've been in Seattle for a couple of weeks getting some lab work done for my dissertation and I'll be here for a while longer. I just decided to extend my stay until March 1. It'll be a long time to be away from home, but there's no reason for me not stay here and get as much done as possible while I can.

We've had all kinds of weather since I got here, but mostly it's been sunny and clear. The last few days have been really cold, but up until tonight we had avoided the snow they're getting in Portland. Tonight when I left the lab at 7pm I found, to my surprise, that it was snowing heavily. I'm glad Natasha and I got out for a run along the waterfront this morning while it was nice!



Mostly being back in Seattle hasn't made me homesick [for Seattle], but I did get a little sad when I saw all my former house plants that Natasha adopted. We haven't had a single plant in our condo in Eagle River yet. It came with a flower basket on the porch, but we both went in the field a week after moving in (in the middle of Alaska record-breaking warm streak), and it died. I didn't think that was a good sign for our ability to keep indoor plants alive. Maybe someday, but with Ryan in the field right now, me probably going in the field this spring, a vacation on the horizon, and who knows what kind of fieldwork this summer, it hardly seems worth it to get plants. And people wonder why we don't have pets!


No comments:

Post a Comment