Friday, September 2, 2011

Fall and Fairbanks

High bush cranberries
The view from the forest floor
Fall colors
Ginny and I at Silver Gulch in Fox
I am just about to leave Alaska...sad to leave the beautiful fall colors but glad to be going home for the first time since July. We finished our project on the Tok Cutoff Highway a day early so I got to spend a little time in Fairbanks with my brother. He now lives in the student apartments where I lived 7 years ago (was it really that long ago???). The one he lives in has been remodeled, but hanging out there brings back the memories! I also got to see Ginny and Bill and stuff myself with delicious food at the Silver Gulch Brewery. They gave me some honey from their first year of keeping bees. Can't wait to get home and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment