Friday, April 19, 2013

Cleaning out the House



Ryan was here last weekend and we packed even more of our stuff up for the move. We also started really cleaning for putting the house on the market and Ryan touched up the paint around the house and the garage. I know it's always a hassle for anybody to move, but this really seems like the never-ending move.

We already packed a lot of stuff in Steve's trailer a month ago, and now our bedrooms are almost empty but I can't pack everything up because I'm still going to be living here for two more months. I'm still hesitant to pack things I might need any time over the summer because I'm afraid I might not see them again until...who knows when. Fall maybe? We don't really know what are living situation is going to be. We will be renting? A small place or a large place? Will we buy a house? Will it need major work before we can move in?

I need to keep anything out that I might need if I go in the field over the summer...boots, rain gear, sleeping bags, tents, backpacks, etc. I'm also going to Ireland in June with my parents so whatever I need for that trip has to stay out until the end. And then other random things need to be available like a dress and shoes for my friends' wedding in CA over Labor Day weekend. It's just a little crazy trying to keep all these things straight and make sure I know where things are. But, I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to buy a new dress. Then again, do I really want to own more stuff? No.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe this will be useful to consider for your moving situation:
    http://www.npr.org/2013/04/21/176261963/on-the-move-three-books-to-keep-out-of-the-boxes

    ReplyDelete