Saturday, April 13, 2013

Easy Egg Meals


Now that Ryan's in Alaska and I'm just cooking for myself, I've been eating a lot of meals with eggs. None of them are particularly exciting or elaborate, but they do the job. And I love eggs. They are a perfect animal protein for me to keep around because I can just use one or two at a time and not have to worry about the rest of the package going bad (unlike buying many types of meat).

I've come across some good egg recipes recently. This rice bowl is nice and simple and can be adapted to use up whatever you have one hand. I made it with couscous, chard, and asparagus.

Next up I came across a healthy spin on a staple from the Odell household: soft boiled eggs on toast...with spinach (or more chard in my case). The greens make it a little more diner-ish.




Next I'm going to try this lemon and egg soup. And, just because I love it so much, here is a recipe for creamed eggs on toast - one of my favorite meals my mom made when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment