Friday, April 22, 2011

Is it spring yet?

Miles and Ryan working in the yard

Miles exploring our back yard
It definitely LOOKS like spring in Seattle - everything is in bloom and our lawn needs to be mowed every week. It has yet to really feel warm though. Apparently I'm not imaging that it is colder than normal, according to Cliff Mass this IS the coldest spring on record for Seattle. But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining (too much). I am, after all, from Alaska. The short, mild winters of the Pacific Northwest have definitely grown on me though.

Tomorrow it is supposed to reach the mid-60's and I am excited! We haven't had a single 60-degree day yet in April, which is very unusual. Tomorrow is it though, after that it's supposed to be back to the 50's and rainy. I will most definitely be riding my bike to campus tomorrow, shorts and all. I break out the shorts a little too early every spring, but I just keep hoping if I dress for summer bike riding, it will be summer. That's how it works, right?

Last weekend our friend Kayla and her son Miles came over to hang out. It was beautiful and sunny and now that Miles knows how to open doors, we couldn't keep him inside. It was fun to play with him outside now that he can walk and run around like a busy bee, but you can see from the sweatshirts that it was still a little chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment