Friday, July 13, 2012

Heading to Kodiak

I'm at the airport heading back to Alaska...Kodiak this time for Community Archaeology. I love spending this time of year in Alaska (especially since the 5 day forecast looks pretty nice for Kodiak!). But it's still a bit of a bummer to be leaving while the produce is just getting really good (and cheap) down here and my raspberry patch is at it's peak. I picked as many raspberries as I could over the last three days I've been home. I also used my vitamix that Ryan gave me for my birthday as much as possible. I made raspberry mint lemonade twice, hummus, peach sherbert, and a variety of chard (from our mini back porch garden) and berry smoothies. I wish I could take that thing with me and have a smoothie everyday! If it wasn't quite so heavy I would. And of course I'll miss Ryan, but in only three weeks he'll be in Kodiak too!


No comments:

Post a Comment