Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tub Refinishing

Before refinishing

Before refinishing

After refinishing

After refinishing
In an effort to get our house ready for the market I have been taking care of a few cosmetic repairs around the house. The ugliest thing in the house was by far the tub. It's old and it just looked grimy and dirty no matter now many times we cleaned it.  I'm pretty handy but this is a project I was not willing to take on myself.  Not only do I not have the tools to refinish a tub, but I wouldn't want to spend the time in a small room with such noxious chemicals.  I found a guy and Craigslist that was  about half the price of more legitimate businesses. It certainly seemed like a good deal but of course comes with a certain level of risk.  The only two reviews I found online for this Craislist guy were pretty bad and I told him when he called me back that I didn't like what I had read.  But after talking with him a few times I was convinced he knew what he was doing and would produce satisfactory work, and really that's all I needed. After all, we just need it to look nice, the longevity doesn't matter so much to us since we'll be moving soon.

The refinished tub looks great and goes well with the white sink and cabinet I installed a few years ago.  It didn't take the guy long and I may never know just how well the refinishing job holds up.  For now though the tub no longer has a nasty grimy look that might dissuade potential buyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment