Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Grilled Cheese: you're doing it wrong

A couple of weeks ago I read a blog post on Smitten Kitchen that changed how I think about grilled cheese. The author said I was putting my cheese on the wrong side of the bread. At first I thought, how many different ways can there be to melt bread on cheese? Well, there is one way that is waaaay better than the other ways and that is to put the cheese on both sides of the bread. That's right, a sandwich with cheese on the inside and both outsides.

While Ryan was at a meeting last night and I was in the midst of canning corn relish, I needed something quick and easy for dinner. I finally went for it. Sharp cheddar and all. It was everything I thought it would be, especially with peach chutney on top.

Try it (here is the recipe).


No comments:

Post a Comment