Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Zucchini Quiche Recipe

I thought I would share this recipe as it is one of my favorite things to make and a friend on facebook was just looking for zucchini recipes. I made this recently on my mom's birthday and everyone loved it. I usually like to make it on the weekend and freeze the slices for my lunches. It's pretty quick to mix up and that is what I like!

- saute 3 large zucchinis and 1 onion (both thinly sliced) in butter
- in a mixing bowl, whisk together two eggs and the following spices: 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp parsley, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper
- add 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella and parmesan cheese to the eggs and spices (I buy the pre-grated "Italian" cheese)
- mix zucchini and onion into the eggs and cheese
- pour into a pie crust
- bake for 35-40 min until knife in center comes out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment