Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Afternoon Tea



Afternoon tea at the Empress Hotel is a tradition in Victoria - and one that we partook in while we were there. Afternoon tea begins with fruit and is followed by tea and a selection of adorable and delicious tiny sandwiches and deserts. Because each piece is so small, it didn't look like a lot of food, but 5 mini-sandwiches later I was sure I wouldn't be able to finish my half. I was, however, determined to at least try everything because it all just looked so good! What I was left with was a plate full of half-eaten, not-so-cute-anymore deserts. I felt a little weird about leaving my plate like that, but I paid for it and I wanted to have a taste of everything.

They tea they served at the Empress is a blend of black teas from around the world. The sent us home with two boxes so I look forward to enjoying it for the rest of the winter. Afternoon tea was a good activity for a rainy, slushy, winter vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment