Thursday, December 9, 2010

Crafty Things

 
The original photo of flowers on the Alaska Peninsula
The print on canvas

A few months ago I wrote a blog post about wildflowers on the Alaska Peninsula and posted some photos I had taken this summer. I am particularly proud of a few of these photos and have been trying to decide for months which ones I should print to hang in our house. We finally picked the one above and had it printed on canvass for our dining room. I am in love with it. I can't wait to get back to Alaska to take more photos - there is really  no place like home!

Ryan putting faces and buttons on the snowmen



One angry cookie.
I have also put my cake decorating skills to work on Christmas cookies. I think I have finally perfected the snowmen on my third attempt (the first two attempts were last year). Mostly I had a lot of trial and error trying to make the top hat look good. The color scheme was also a bit tricky, but I am very happy with the black, blue, and brown combo this time around. Ryan even helped put the faces and buttons on the last batch of snowmen. At the end we ran out of white frosting, the poor snowman on the bottom didn't get any and he also got eaten first. Maybe now I can move on to other shapes!

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to put photos on canvas forever, and I never seem to get around to it. Yours looks GREAT. Patrick

    ReplyDelete