Saturday, January 8, 2011

Texture Photos

Morning sunlight on the trees at Cape Flattery

Late afternoon light on ripples in the sand at Point of the Arches

Morning light on frosty ferns at North Fork in Olympic Nat. Park

Frost on a log at Second Beach
These are just a few of my favorite photos from our trip around the Olympic Peninsula. We had sun everyday and with the short winter days there were many good opportunities for morning sunlight and late afternoon photos as the sun got low on the horizon. There was also so much frost out there that it was begging to be photographed. I don't think I have ever seen so much frost in my life. It actually looked like there was snow along the sides of the road in many places, but it was definitely not snow. I guess it's just because this is a really moist area and it makes for massive amounts frost when it gets cold.

It's been back to the 40's and rainy here for the last couple of days, feels much more typical! It isn't raining at the moment, but I see dark clouds so I'm going to go outside and enjoy a few minutes of good weather!

-Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment