Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The art of taking good cuisine photos and why we don't have many

"Bleu Salad"
Every time we post about food, I wish we had better photos. I see tons of beautiful cuisine photos on other blogs. Ours just never quite seem to be in the same league despite the fact that we have a good camera and are able to occasionally take lovely photos of other subjects. I believe the key that we are missing is natural daylight.

We do nearly all of our cooking and baking late in the evening and by the time we finish whatever is on the menu for dinner, it's dark. Even on the weekends we tend to cook and bake late into the evening since my Saturdays are almost always spent at school and on Sundays we like to do something fun outside. This type of schedule obviously works for us, but it is not conducive to taking nice photos with natural light. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about it so everyone who reads this blog will just have to continue to look at mediocre food photos. Sorry!

I did get this one nice salad shot recently on a rare Saturday lunch spent at home. I love this salad. It's a version of the "Bleu Salad" I had at the Westmark Hotel in Fairbanks when I was there for the aaa's in March. It's just lettuce, red grapes, nuts, crumbled bleu cheese, and bleu cheese dressing. Simple and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment