Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mary and Adam's Wedding



Yesterday one of my very dear archaeology friends, Mary, got married in Talkeetna. It’s not often I am able to make it to a summer wedding, so I was glad to be able to fly up from Kodiak for the weekend. I don’t know Adam nearly as well as I know Mary, but from everything I heard about him when he and Mary were first dating, he couldn’t be anything other than a great guy. I assure you that now I know he is an amazing person and he makes Mary very happy. He’s also a special ed teacher and if that doesn’t scream good person, I don’t know what does.

In true Alaska fashion it rained ALL day long on the day of their wedding. Also in true Alaska fashion, it did not stop anyone from having a great time. Mary wore rubber boots during the wedding and let her dress trail on the ground – she was not going to let a little (or a lot) of mud ruin her wedding day! It ended up being beautiful – the lighting was perfect, it never rained hard, and the fireweed was in full bloom.

These are some of the photos I took yesterday with my mom’s camera.




No comments:

Post a Comment