Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Skiing


It is spring here and the weather is crazy! In Seattle it's been unusually windy with quickly-moving weather bringing rain, hail, and sunshine. There was even some snow today at elevations of only a few hundred feet. Luckily this also means great snow in the mountains.

Ryan is here for part of my spring break and we headed up to Stevens Pass today.The weather was equally unpredictable up there with sun, wind, snow, and hail. They had gotten 8" of new snow over night so the conditions were pretty good. Some places were very wind-scoured, but there was still tons of good snow in protected areas.

I love skiing in the spring like this because the snow pack is so deep that a lot of places that are not skiable early in the season like boulder fields and ravines with creeks and now completely covered. I will miss Steven's ski area when we move, but I guess I'll just have to start back country snowboarding...

No comments:

Post a Comment