Sunday, May 26, 2013

Fruit Tart

Memorial Day weekend is supposed to be full of outdoor barbeques and other summery activities. Even though we are going to some bbq's this weekend, it does not feel very summerish here. I've been thinking a fruit tart seemed like a perfect summer desert so made one anyway.

I've never made a fruit tart before but I've wanted to for a long time. I just don't think you can go wrong with  a desert topped with fruit. I tried this recipe from the Food Network.

It's pretty simple and straightforward - the crust is flour, butter, and powdered sugar (which I made in the VitaMix) and the topping is just cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. My dough turned out quite wet so I added flour to make it work-able. Next time I would skip the glaze to make it even easier (and less sugary).

Fruit and cream cheese means you can eat it for breakfast, right???

1 comment: