Sunday, April 29, 2012

Apple Blossoms





 

 

Even after three years, I'm still exceptionally excited that we have our very own apple tree. It's covered in blossoms this year so hopefully that means good things for our apple sauce plans this fall.

This is the time of year when our yard becomes a lot of work. The lawn gets out of control and needs to be mowed at least once a week. I mowed it last Sunday. Today I only mowed the front lawn though, I think I'll save the rest for later in the week. The back yard isn't quite as out of control; there is a big patch that is already turning brown. In another month and a half it will mostly be dead and maintenance will luckily drastically decrease. The shrubs are out of control too though - a project for next weekend.

Just thought I'd also throw in a photo from my hike with Jennie at Ebey's Landing on Whidbey Island yesterday. We hiked there almost exactly a year ago too and the weather was exactly the same - 60 degrees and high overcast. Nice weather for hiking for people from Alaska.


No comments:

Post a Comment