Sunday, April 15, 2012

Elliott Bay Brewing Co.

New Elliot Bay Brew Pub in Lake City

Hana and Will at Elliot Bay


A couple of months ago I noticed a very weird addition being built on the rear of a building in 'downtown' Lake City. Even though I ride the bus right past it almost every day, I didn't pay much attention to it because I always sit on the opposite side of the bus. A couple of weeks ago our friends Will and Hana heard that Elliott Bay Brewing Co. was opening a brew pub in Lake City. I didn't really put two and two together until that weird addition was completely done and the pub was open!

We are all excited about this place because there is nothing really like it near Lake City. We finally checked it out last night - with just about everyone else who lives in North Seattle (really, it was worth the wait though).

The building used to be a hobby shop that was dark and had low ceilings. The opened up the ceilings exposing the beams, added lots of windows in the front and it feels huge now. After my 8 1/2 mile run yesterday, just about everything on the menu sounded amazing. As did a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment