Sunday, February 10, 2013

Settling in and a "new" car

After just one week at my new job I'm starting to get settled in here in Palmer.  Little things such as unpacking my bags and rearranging my room has made me feel at home here with my parents.  There is no getting around that fact that moving back in with your parents a thirty is strange, but we are all making the best of it.  I certainly don't have anything to complain about with my Mom's regular home cooked meals and my Dad's help car shopping this week.

For more than five years Molly and I have been a one car family.  But in Alaska with very little public transportation that just won't work.  This week I spent a lot of time car shopping on Craigslist and ended up buying a 2001 Honda CR-V.  In reality, I have been shopping online for the last month but really had to get serious about buying this week.  On Monday, Dad and I spend the afternoon looking at cars in Anchorage. I realized there is a lot of junk out there.

Fortunately I found a Honda CR-V that is a real score.  We have friends in Seattle with an similar CR-V and we have experienced first hand that is a great car.  The 2001 I found has only 109,000 miles and is very clean.  It was driven by a grandmother in Anchorage, never been in a major accidents, and hasn't had a dog inside.  It is also the SE trim package so it has all the little improvements that make it a really sweet deal.  I'm sure that this car is going to give us many good years of service.




No comments:

Post a Comment