Monday, February 25, 2013

Wintery weekend at the Cross Cabin


Snowy morning

Mom and Dad taking a break on the trail

Woodshed with three feet of snow

Panorama with my IPhone inside the cabin
Hauling firewood
I have always enjoyed spending time at my parents' cabin north of Talkeetna, especially when I was a kid.  I'ts a place were we can be together as a family without the distractions of everyday life.  Sure, these days you can get 4G on your phone and update your Facebook status, but I find myself more interested in relaxing or being outside.

Now that I'm back in Alaska I hope to spend more time at the cabin. Its a chance to get away and think about what it would be like to live a simple life.  In fact knowing that the cabin is just there, waiting for us, makes me more optimistic about finding a place to live down here in "town".  I won't mind being on a relatively small lot with neighbors because If I need space there is plenty of it be had up at the cabin or just about anywhere in Alaska outside of the city.

Anyways, we had a nice weekend at the cabin.  It snowed on a off with temperatures in the mid to upper twenties.  I wandered a few miles through the woods on snowshoes and spent time cutting a hauling firewood.  The snow is deep and firm enough that you and just about go anywhere in the woods and for the next month or so it's only going to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment