Sunday, February 20, 2011

Denny Hall

Denny Hall, home of the UW Anthropology Department

Paccar Hall, the new UW business school
I went to school today to do some work took a couple photos with my iPhone since it was such a beautiful day. It's sad to be inside when it's so nice out in the winter, but that's life. I love going to school at such a beautiful camps - especially since UAF isn't exactly known for it's architecture. The building that houses the Anthropology Department, Denny Hall, is the oldest building on the University of Washington campus. It was build in 1895 in the French renaissance style. Unfortunately, the inside doesn't look anything like the outside and last time it was remodeled was 1956. It was supposed to be under remodel as we speak, but due to the current budget situation the remodel has been postponed, but I don't know for how long. I've heard that one of the goals of the remodel is to make the inside match the style of the outside. I think that would be awesome.

Right next to Denny the new business school building has been under construction for about the last year. It finally opened this fall. When they were building it, I was a bit disappointed they they were putting such a modern-style building right next to the oldest building on campus. I'm over it now though, it has a nice and conveniently-located cafe with tons of tables and chairs, a lobby with couches, and tables outside. I go there at least once or twice a week to get hot chocolate or lunch now. I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment