Thursday, February 24, 2011

(Slightly) More Snow

The light blanket of snow and sunshine that I woke up to this morning
This morning there was just a tiny bit more snow than there was the day before. By the time I left the house at 8:30 it had all melted off the road. All the buses had chains on, which were completely unnecessary at that point, but I'm sure the roads would have been horrible if they hadn't put chains on. That's how those things always go, right?

I've heard a lot of whining and complaining (mostly from online comments on newspaper articles, etc.) about how wrong the forecasters were about snow in Seattle. I suppose they did over-estimate the amount of snow we actually got, but EVERYWHERE around Seattle got dumped on, just not Seattle. I think people have a bit of a misconception that forecasters should always be able to get it right. It sounds like they had it right for surrounding areas though. I don't mind not getting snowed on though and I don't blame the city for being over-prepared for the threat of snow. I enjoyed this article that explained why Seattle stayed nearly dry and outlying areas got up to 12" of snow.

It's supposed to be sunny for the next couple of days and then back to the usual 40 degree, rainy weather that we all know and love. I look forward to riding my bike without having to worry about ice on the roads!

No comments:

Post a Comment